< Go back to the wines list
Sancerre blanc CHENE MARCHAND
- Location : Bué, in the special place called “Chêne Marchand”.
- Variety : 100% Sauvignon.
- Soils : Geological foundation dating from the Jurassic formation, in the secondary era. 100% limestone “Caillottes”.
- Plantation density : 6500/7000 vine stocks per hectare.
- Growing practices : Integrated viticulture. Whole soils worked. Simple Guyot or Poussard pruning.
- Still and dry.
- Protected Designation of Origin Sancerre.
- Designation name: Sancerre blanc Chêne Marchand.
- Harvest period: September 13-15, 2018
- Capacities: 75cl.
- Rigorous sorting on a table
- Harvest transfer by conveyor belt
- Press juice treated separately
- Static settling of the must from 24 to 48 hours
- Alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats
- Ageing on fine lees
- Racking : April 2019
- Filtration with Kieselgur
- Bottling on May 2019
- Pale gold, clear and luminous
- Citrus fruits, fine mineral notes, pleasing floral touch
- Fresh, balanced. Ripe white fruits flavours and acidulous notes bringing tonicity. Lingering finish
- Serving temperature: 9-11°C
- Ageing potential: from 3 to 6 years.
- Serving suggestions: aperitif, Pike cooked in sauce, scallops with morel mushrooms cream.