< Go back to the wines list
SANCERRE BLANC LA GALETTE
- Location : 65% in Bué and also in Sancerre, Amigny, Crézancy and Montigny.
- Variety : 100% Sauvignon.
- Soils : Geological foundation dating from the Jurassic formation, in the secondary era. 70% limestone soil (named “Caillottes”), 30% of clay-limestone soils (named “Terres Blanches”).
- Plantation density : 6500/7000 vine stocks per hectare.
- Growing practices : integrated viticulture. 70% of our vineyard is planted with grass. Fractional or total hoeing depending on the parcels. Simple Guyot or Poussard pruning.
- Still and dry.
- Protected Designation of Origin Sancerre.
- Designation name: Sancerre blanc La Galette.
- Harvest period: from September 11 to 21, 2017.
- Capacities: 37,5cl, 75cl, 150cl.
- Rigorous sorting on a table
- Harvest transfer by conveyor belt
- Press juice treated separately
- Static settling of the must from 24 to 48 hours
- Alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats
- Ageing on fine lees
- Racking in February 2018
- Filtration with Kieselgur
- Beginning of the bottling on April 2018
- Very pale yellow, shiny robe
- Complex nose with white flowers aromas, citrus and minty notes
- Fruity and floral, with a nice freshness. Long finish
- Serving temperature: 9-11°C
- Ageing potential: from 3 to 5 years. Primary pleasing aromas during the first 2-3 years.
- Serving suggestions: aperitif, fish ( river Loire Salmon in particular), shellfish and seafood. Goat cheese (Crottin de Chavignol).